The way we watch movies has changed. A few decades ago, I had to take myself to the movie theater to see a movie. The theater was far away from the village.

VCR


That was a time when VCR / DVR were used to watch movies. Movies were shown using rented cassettes. I remember the night I persuaded my father to take me to a nearby village to watch a movie. The famous Bollywood Hindi movie Raja Hindustani of the year 1996. I heard about running this movie in a neighboring village when I returned to school.

Times are changing. To fulfill my desire to watch a movie, my father rode his bicycle to a neighboring village. By staying at home, I can fulfill my child's desire to watch movies.


OTTP

I have tried to connect the changes brought about by the digital age. Some time ago, we went to malls and multi-movie theaters to watch movies. But Covid-19 has changed our daily routine. Now we can watch our choice through digital OTT platforms like TV.

You may wonder why I said that. Here I discussed riding my father's bicycle to fulfill my movie watching desire. But I have also said that I can fulfill my child's wish by staying at home. The digital age has brought positive changes to our daily lives, and we should embrace them.

Family


Now the desire to watch movies is fulfilled not by the father but by the digital network. Children of today do not need to hear about a movie from a friend, but only need to hold a touch screen device.