“She is not my girl friend, Dad, she is my friend. The teacher told her to call her a friend. Not a girl friend, Dad!” The phrase above is from a conversation my child had with me. What am I trying to add here? You may be unanswered. But wait, you will get an answer.

The definition of a girlfriend has been narrowed down by society to being in a relationship with a boy. The teacher therefore instructed the student to address her friend only as a friend when addressing her. That's why my son argued with me that she was just my friend, Dad.

Gender is a perception created by society. In tomorrow's society, if this education were given to children from a young age, there won't be so much difference between men and women! Here, the phrase "girl friend" will have a profound effect on a child's brain tomorrow. Because a girl friend is not a feminine address but a society definition. Which means girlfriend will be defined in relationship.

Honestly, are some of our children's definitions really incorrect? Or are we teaching them the wrong definition? Or our society's definitions are incorrect. Who needs honesty here? In society, we have made a lot of wrong definitions about you and us.

Anyway, I'm glad. My child had the right definition. The girl was called a girl friend. But since the definition he gave would raise serious questions in society, he later learned that he should be addressed as a friend.

In some cases, you can't fight against society. Sometimes you can be ahead of society's thinking in which case you look different and different from others. I saw him as a child unique from others. The phrase he uttered above made me happy.

What do you think of the definition of "girlfriend" given by the teacher and the definition given by him? Which definition do you agree with? May I fulfill your query? Please write to me.